What we do
Twin Villages Foodbank Farm grows vegetables using organic growing practices on two acres of land, located at the Damariscotta River Association’s Great Salt Bay Farm. All food produced is donated to food pantries and other low income food programs in Lincoln County.
Highlights from our first season – 2016:
- Participation from over 100 volunteers, many of them students.
- Established a new well
- Built a walk-in storage cooler
- Improved soil fertility through cover crops and amendments
- Created a new school garden located across the street from Great Salt Bay Community School in Damariscotta
How can I help?
The farm operates on a modification of the popular Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) model. This variation on the CSA model allows you to purchase a symbolic farm share which will then be donated for distribution to Lincoln County pantries. These sponsored farm shares are available for purchase at different levels.
- A full share of $300 will “Feed a Family,” providing enough food to feed a family of four with a full season’s harvest of varied produce.
- A half share of $150 will “Feed a Couple”
- $75 will “Feed an Individual.”
Of course, donations of any size are most welcome! Clicking on the link below will take you to our secure payment portal.DONATE
How is the farm funded?
We partner with Damariscotta River Association, which serves as fiscal sponsor and provides administrative support. We have been received generous funding in our first season from the Quimby Foundation, the Horizon Foundation, the Maine Community Foundation, the Dudley Foundation, and many enthusiastic community members.